Collection and Use of Anonymous Information. Anonymous information is not personally identifiable information. Anonymous information is information that is collected automatically that relates to, but is not limited to, how certain features of our website are used, what general region our visitors are contacting us from and how many people visit our website at any given time. We use this information, and may share with, license to or sell this information to third parties, for the purpose of allowing targeted marketing through our website.
Collection and Use of Personally Identifiable Information. In the course of providing information or services, we may collect and maintain certain non-public personal information that will help us to efficiently perform various transactions. We may be required to share your personal information with certain partner organizations and third party service providers as part of our contractual relationship with them. Also, your personal information may be entered into software systems maintained by our third party application service providers (e.g., our web portal provider, software vendor, and affiliated law firms) for the purpose of allowing us to conduct our services. To the extent that your personal information is used in the foregoing manner, we will use commercially reasonable efforts to ensure that our service providers do not use your personal information for any purpose other than delivery of our services. We do not collect personal information (such as names, addresses, phone numbers, email addresses or credit card numbers) about you, except when you specifically provide the information on a voluntary basis.
Your personal information may be collected as you:
- Become a registered user of myHRcounsel.com;
- Purchase Services (“Services” is defined in our Terms and Conditions); or
- Sign-up or subscribe for products or services that we may make available.
We use your personally identifiable information for several purposes:
- Transactional Communications
- If you are requesting Services, the Company utilizes your personal information to communicate with you regarding the status of your request.
- If you have posted a request to Ask a Lawyer (an “ask”), the Company utilizes your personal information to notify you of responses to your ask.
- If you are purchasing Services, the Company utilizes your personal information to complete the purchase transaction and to communicate with you about your purchase, to provide you with instructions on how to use and/or access Services, or other inquiry.
- Whenever you purchase Services, we may be required to share your personal information with a third-party credit card processor to facilitate completion of your transaction. The credit card processor may share the same information with your credit card issuer in connection with gathering data related to use of their cards, rewards programs or other purposes. You are urged to read and become familiar with the privacy policies governing the use of your credit cards.
- Whenever you make a payment for Services, we may be required to share your personal information with a partner or third-party financial processor to facilitate completion of your transaction. The partner or processor may share the same information with your bank in connection with the transaction. You are urged to read and become familiar with the privacy policies governing the bank accounts to which you transfer funds using our system.
- We may occasionally contact you, typically by email, to notify you of information that might affect delivery of Services, or to notify you of errors in your request for Services.
- Informational Communications
- We may contact you with general informational communications regarding human resources and employment law issues. If you are not interested in receiving informational communications from us, you can unsubscribe at any time by altering your email preferences in your user profile or by emailing info@myHRcounsel.com from the email address used to identify your account with the word “Unsubscribe Informational” in the subject line.
- Support Communications
- We may contact you regarding the status of your account, your registration information, support issues regarding our service, and changes to our service or the terms under which it is offered.
- Special Communications
- We may contact you regarding special information on breaking news or events relating to human resources and employment law issues. If you are not interested in receiving promotional communications from us, you can unsubscribe at any time by altering your email preferences in your user profile or by emailing info@myHRcounsel.com from the email address used to identify your account with the word “Unsubscribe Special” in the subject line.
- Marketing Communications
- We may contact you regarding offerings of future events, products, or services that may be of interest to you. If you are not interested in receiving marketing communications or advertisements from us, you can unsubscribe at any time by altering your email preferences in your user profile or by emailing us at info@myHRcounsel.com from the email address used to identify your account with the word “Unsubscribe Marketing” in the subject line.
- Additionally, we may share your personally identifiable information in the following circumstances:
- We may disclose your personally identifiable information when required by law. Specifically, we may disclose this information to unrelated parties in special cases when we have reason to believe that our disclosure is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against a person or persons who may be causing injury to, or interference with, the rights or property of the Company (including our website), computer users accessing our website, or any third party. In addition, we may disclose information about individuals who access our website to law enforcement agencies, judicial or government authorities or to other individuals or entities in response to subpoenas, court orders or other legal processes.
Links To / From Other Sites. Our website contains links to other Internet websites which we do not operate and, conversely, other Internet websites may contain links to our website. We are not aware of and are not responsible for the privacy policies, practices or content of such other websites. We encourage visitors to read and become familiar with the privacy policies maintained by such other websites.
Security. The Company uses industry standard efforts to safeguard the confidentiality of your personal identifiable information, such as data encryption, firewalls, system security measures, and Secure Socket Layers (“SSL”). Please be advised that “perfect security” does not exist in commercial Internet applications and that such security measures may not prevent all loss, misuse, or alteration of information on our websites. Therefore, although we work very hard to protect your privacy, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information or private communications will always remain private.
The Ask and Attorney pages. Any communication made between you and our lawyers in our system is being done so with encrypted technology. It is easy to tell when you are protected by encryption your browser displays a lock or a key which is no longer broken or it changes color when you are on a secure page. The actual icon and its location may vary depending on your browser. For example, Internet Explorer has a “Security” padlock icon at the bottom right of the page, which appears closed when you have entered a secure page. Except as specifically permitted by this section, you may not disclose your myHRcounsel password to any third parties nor share it with any third parties. If you lose control of your password, you may lose substantial control over your personally identifiable information and may be subject to legally binding actions taken on your behalf. Therefore, if your password has been compromised for any reason, you should immediately change your password.
If you have any questions related to this policy, please email the myHRcounsel Privacy Officer at info@myHRcounsel.com.